- It doesn't leave that obvious stain on your lips like a red wine does.
- It doesn't make your teeth go blue.
- It doesn't leave you with such an incredibly nasty hangover the next morning.
- It doesn't stain your clothes or carpet for that matter... I have previously been dubbed, 'A Bad Day In Bosnia,' which means that I am basically a disaster waiting to happen.... keep me away from the red!!!
- It's great with sushi lunches.
Saturday, February 8, 2014
Wine Tasting at Belvidere Estate
Friend - "Jade, do you feel like going to a cheese and wine tasting with me?"
Jade - "Are you being serious?"
Friend - "Yes..."
Jade - "That is the stupidest question you have ever asked me."
I love wine.... and cheese for that matter. So combine the two and you have one very happy Jade.
So of course I accepted the offer and went to this beautiful house right on the water to glug back a few bottles of some South African wine. Although I did spend the majority of the night hovering around the cheese platters as I sipped graciously on my wine... I did manage to get a few photographs in:
Although I have always loved red wine and know that without a doubt I always will - especially in the cold winter nights snuggled by the fireplace... I've become a bit of a white wine junkie of late. It's Summer in South Africa right now, so nothing quite beats that chilled crisp taste of a nice glass of chardonnay. Also, it has some serious perks:
I love wine... Red or White..
Nothing quite beats a good merlot though, right??
What is your favorite wine?