- 06:45am - woke up to the beautiful melody of a song by Jason Mraz which is set as my alarm tone. Unfortunately I'd forgotten to cancel my alarm... promptly switched it back off and enjoyed a fabulous sleep-in.
- 07:30am - completely ignored my running clothes placed by my bedside (again) and instead hopped into a hot bath to keep warm with some coffee.
- 08:30am - remembered I had an eyebrow wax booked for 9am and hightailed it out of the house in a massive hoodie, leggings and some boots.
- 09:15am - had been waiting outside in the freezing cold for fifteen minutes for the lady to show up to do my wax. Decided to give up and ventured around town to see if any other salon in town had space to squeeze me in.
- 09:30am - managed to find a place to have waxing done - yay!
- 09:45am - returned home (red and swollen,) and watched a few more episodes of my beloved new series, Hart of Dixie.
- 12:00pm - Decided to put on a face and a change of clothes, this time I chose a maroon long sleeved dress. Dragged a brush through my hair and sprayed on some D 'n G perfume before heading out the house.
- 12:30pm - Picked up Blue Eyes as we had made plans to go to a lovely wine estate for lunch. Along the drive to get to the vineyards, Blue Eyes was DJ in the car and I was pleasantly surprised by our music tastes. He doesn't seem like the kind to like Red Jumpsuit Apparatus or Limp Bizkit, but my cds went down a treat!
- 13:15pm - Arrived at vineyards, swiftly ordered a delicious blend of wine... with a ridiculously over-the-top description of its playful lime and passionate traits - bwahahaha you have to laugh at wine descriptions!
- 13:30pm - A selection of tapas arrived at the big wooden table we were sitting at besides a crackling fireplace. Baked Brie and Cranberry, Smoked Chicken, Carpaccio, Chicken Liver Patte, Hummus, Bread - we were in heaven with a beautiful storm brewing outside.
- 15:00pm - raced back to my car in the pouring rain and began the drive back home.
- 15:30pm - dropped Blue Eyes off at his house, had one wonderful kiss and said goodbye as he is away for the weekend.
- 15:45pm - Got back to my place, converted to box wine. Just not the same after having lunch at a vineyard!!!! Slipped back into pj's and watched Hart of Dixie for HOURS.
- 18:00pm - Pasta for dinner. Nom nom nom
- 18:30pm - More Hart of Dixie snuggled under blankets and clutching onto a hot water bottle.
- 21:00pm - BED.
Friday, August 29, 2014
Day 23 - Bullet Point Your Entire Day #26DayBloggingChallenge
As yesterday was the start of my leave from work - a wonderful two and a half weeks off (I can hear angel's singing), I thought I'd this challenge as day 23.
So OK, not the most interesting and glamorous day but the lunch at the vineyard was wonderful and so was seeing Blue Eyes again.
As for what I'll be doing for the rest of my time off - well, to be honest it feels nice to not have plans for once! I decided to not go away traveling this year - for the first time ever. It was a hard decision to make and I've been stuck in one place for exactly a year now which is very unlike me - but in a way, I guess it is needed. Put down some roots for the first time. I'm still saving to travel and the funny thing is that I do have enough for that plane ticket and an awesome holiday - but I'm happy to stick around a little while longer and continue saving until the time is right.
I will be spending a lot of time at the pottery house attempting to have some potter breakthrough of skills (highly unlikely) and definitely surf. I want to paint and write and redecorate my place a bit - to be honest I just want to do the normal every day things that I always want to do but never have time to do. That is what I am needing right now.